Managing Business for a Sustainable Earth
SK networks has adjusted its business portfolio in the course of reducing the impact it has on climate change by voting on the following issues during the past BOD meetings: LPG business transfer (February 2017), petrochemical product wholesale transfer (August 2017), Australia coal business withdrawal (October 2019), and petrochemical product retail transfer (March 2020). In March 2021, we created the ESG Management Committee consisting of five independent directors and the CEO following the BOD resolution to actively respond to environmental issues, including climate change, in addition to social and governance-related issues.
SK networks is currently considering joining the Science Based Targets initiative (SBTi) after declaring Net Zero 2040 in June 2021. We intend to respond to climate change and solve environmental issues with sincerity.
*Scope 1 & Scope 2 Emissions (Excludes Scope 3)
SK networks/SK networks Service, SK magic/SK magic Service, SK rent-a-car/SK rent-a-car Service, MINTIT
2021-2030 (annual 4.2% reduction), 2031-2040 (annual 5.8% reduction)
With the goal of a 100% transition to renewable energy by 2040, SK networks has established a mid to long-term roadmap based on REC purchases, third-party PPAs, and solar energy use.
|EV conversion rate||25%||70%||100%|
* Establishment of measurement criteria(supporting community’s EV conversion, air pollution reduction, etc.)
Launch of ‘Green Collection,’ an eco-friendly home appliance lineup
- All Clean Air Purifier Green 242 (October)
- All Clean Air Purifier Green 267, 285 (November)
|2024||Establishment of 100% recycling system (regenerating waste plastic into eco-friendly plastic)|
For the sake of a sustainable environment, SK networks plans to take part in appropriate global initiatives in terms of urgency, business relevance, and market impact.
1) Evaluate and schedule for joining global initiatives
2) Select and join major global initiatives : ZWTL, EV100
1) Enhance ZWTL certification goals (from acquiring certification to acquiring a grade)
2) Select and join major global initiatives : SBTi
1) Manage performance for joined global Initiative
2) Review joining additional initiatives such as UNGC and RE100.